December 3, 2020
Let’s end 2020
with a bang! For our next meetup, please bring a piece of creative writing to share. We’ll also go around the horn and talk about our proudest writing accomplishments of the year and our New Year’s resolutions! Finally, we’ll talk about what we’d like to see for the meetup in the new year.
What to bring:
- Poetry, short stories, or an excerpt of a longer work, 1000 words, max
- Feel free to bring more than one piece to share. However, just keep in mind that we might not have time for everyone to share two pieces, depending on how big the group is.
Email email@example.com at least 6 hours before the event, and you will receive the login info!
NEW MEMBERS MUST RSVP VIA EMAIL. Thanks!
About our meetup:
Get the support you need for your writing project, whether it be a novel, poem, or website content!
Each meetup will start with a short presentation about technology that can enhance your writing, including software, databases, apps, and more.
After the presentation and Q&A, we’ll have informal discussions to share our work, ask for advice, and network. We’ll also include a monthly accountability check in on our progress toward our goals for the month.
Resources we will explore include the following:
• Scrivener, a writing program, to help boost organization and efficiency
• Microsoft Word hacks and alternatives
• Publishing tools and databases, including Duotrope
• Online critique groups
• Contests, events, and deadlines
• And more, following the interest of the group
Whether you’re a creative writer or marketing professional, you’ll find the tools, resources, and support to make your writing thrive.
This meetup is a free event that takes place on the first Thursday of every month
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom invite.