- This event has passed.
October 3, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Nevada County Online always involves lunch and networking, a presentation from an industry expert, and group discussion.
What we’ll do:
• Meet fellow small business owners, network, and enjoy lunch.
• Hear a presentation from Eric Little, technology lawyer who specializes in privacy law and can help your business adapt to the new laws about privacy and cookies
• Share questions, ideas, and solutions in a structured Q&A session.
Privacy: a Hot-Button Issue
Privacy is a hot-button issue, and right now, privacy and cookie laws are changing not only in California but also internationally. Is your business prepared? Learn about privacy and cookie laws with Eric Little, Technology Lawyer.
This class is for you if you sell products in California or internationally or if you consult with clients who do. If you are interested in learning where privacy legislation may be headed, learn more in this class.
What You’ll Learn in this Class:
• California privacy laws (including the new California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018) and what you need to know for your business
• The New EU policy General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and what it may mean for your business
• How the EU’s regulations affect businesses in the US
There will be a presentation followed by a Q&A session where Eric Little will answer your questions.
About Eric Little
Eric Little, Technology LawyerEric Little opened a law practice in Nevada City in 2017 with a focus on meeting the needs of technology companies. He was the editor of the Journal of Law and Policy in International Business at Georgetown University Law Center. He also has practiced law in Washington DC for the Securities and Exchange Commission and in New York City for Shearman & Sterling and the Chase Manhattan Bank. Most recently, he spent ten years analyzing deal terms for start-up companies for the law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
What to bring:
Something to take notes–notebook, laptop, whatever you prefer!
Important to know:
Suggested donation: $5–15
We’ll provide lunch! Note we are always looking for sponsors to help us defray this cost–please reach out to email@example.com if your company might be up for it one coming month! Though not required, as a nonprofit organization working to bring this and other valuable resources to our community, we also happily accept donations. 🙂