- This event has passed.
Tech Roundtable Discussion: Best Tech of 2018 and Looking Forward to 2019
January 15, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
As we launch into the new year, we’d like to take a moment to reflect on the tech of 2018 and look forward to the exciting developments that may launch in the coming year.
From developments in virtual reality to broadband and 5G Networks, we are going to cover the state of tech today and where the industry is going.
Virtual Reality Demo 5–6 PM Followed by Panel Experts
First, we’re going to kick-off the event with a virtual reality (VR) demo with Alan Moore from 5–6 PM!
Then, join our panel experts for a non-moderated panel discussion on tech:
- Alan Moore, Senior Software Architect and Full Stack Web Engineer, will speak about the state of the VR/XR industry; VR/XR in education, training, enterprise and other application domains; and VR/XR hardware technology advances in 2018 and 2019. Alan will also share the best of VR/XR content in 2018 and talk about home, location-based and other VR/XR deployments.
- Michael Anderson, President of Clientworks, Inc., will field questions on broadband and the 5G network.
- Ken Krugler, President of Scale Unlimited. will talk about big data and machine learning, including deep learning/neural networks, predictive analytics, recommendation engines, and more.
- Steve Pisenti, Co-Founder and CEO FamilyGram Inc., will share about the internet of things. Billions and billions of internet connected things are coming! How might this new phase of technology adoption evolve from silos of competing connected devices to real end-user value.
- Angie Straub, President and CEO at FiveFour Innovative Marketing Solutions, will talk about proximity advertising/hyperlocal engagement and how our proprietary technology enables communication between smart devices without relying on internet, wifi or cellular service.
Bring your thoughts, questions, and knowledge to share with the tech community on this exciting and unique Techtonic Tuesday!
About Alan Moore
Alan Moore is a software engineer with more than 30 years of experience working in the Bay Area for startups and Fortune 50 technology companies with the last twelve years at AJA Video Systems. He has worked on many different technologies and application domains ranging from embedded systems to global scale web properties.
About Michael Anderson
Michael Anderson is president of Clientworks Inc., a Nevada City based IT managed services company which he and his wife Lori Gordon co-own.. He also served as CIO for Bright Fiber Network from 2014 until 2017. He is currently working on a municipal broadband model with other local broadband champions for a variety of Northern California communities.
About Ken Krugler
Ken has been a software consultant, entrepreneur, open source advocate, and educator for the past 30 years. He began his career at Apple by crushing Steve Jobs’ big toe, then started a software development shop in Japan. His most recent projects include a streaming data workflow that uses an LSTM neural network to predict crypto-currency price movements.
About Steve Pisenti
Steve Pisenti is the Co-founder and CEO of FamilyGram. Over the past decade Steve has focused on ways to apply technology that can make a positive difference in people’s health and well being, culminating in the founding of FamilyGram to help address the significant problems of social isolation. Steve has more than 20 years experience in strategic planning, business development, product management, and software engineering in the high tech and healthcare industries. Holding leadership roles in Intel’s Digital Health Group, Steve provided the genesis and held a leadership role in bringing to market Intel’s Health Guide (see Care Innovations), as well as other solutions in the aging services space.
While at Intel Steve spent several years as a venture owner in the New Business Initiatives group, driving the identification and incubation of new business opportunities for Intel. Other senior leadership roles include those at Rational, Serena Software, and Rogue Wave Software. Steve is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, and Oregon Health & Science University.
About Angie Straub
Angie Straub is the President and CEO at FiveFour Innovative Marketing Solutions which provides out of the box, disruptive marketing strategies and solutions using in innovative technology.